Powder metallurgy is the process technology for making metal or using metal powder (or a mixture of metal powder and non-metal powder) as raw material, forming and sintering, and manufacturing metal materials, composites and various types of products. Powder metallurgy is similar to producing ceramics. Therefore, a series of new powder metallurgy technologies can also be used for the preparation of ceramic materials. Due to the advantages of powder metallurgy technology, it has become the key to solve the problems of new materials and plays a decisive role in the development of new materials.
China's powder metallurgy industry has undergone rapid development in the past 10 years, but there are still gaps in the following areas with foreign counterparts: (1) There are many companies, small scales, and there is a big difference between economic efficiency and foreign companies. (2) Product cross-cutting, companies are pushing down prices, and competition is fierce. (3) Most enterprises lack technical support, their research and development capabilities are backward, and their product quality is low, which makes it difficult to compete with foreign countries. (4) Lack of inputs and difficulties. Add (5) lagging behind in process equipment and supporting facilities. (6) There are few products exported and the trade channels are not smooth.
With China's accession to the WTO, all these deficiencies and weaknesses will improve. This is because after the accession to the WTO, the market will gradually become internationalized and the powder metallurgy market will be further expanded. At the same time, with the entry of foreign capital and technology, powder metallurgy And related technical levels will certainly be improved and developed.
Powder metallurgy has a unique chemical composition and mechanical and physical properties that cannot be obtained with conventional fusion casting methods. The use of powder metallurgy technology can be directly made porous, semi-dense or fully dense materials and products, such as oil bearings, gears, cams, guide bars, tools, etc., is a less non-cutting process.
(1) Powder metallurgy technology can minimize segregation of alloy components and eliminate coarse and uneven casting structures. Preparation of high-performance rare earth permanent magnet materials, rare earth hydrogen storage materials, rare earth luminescent materials, rare earth catalysts, high-temperature superconducting materials, new metal materials (such as Al-Li alloys, heat-resistant Al alloys, superalloys, powder corrosion-resistant stainless steels, powders High-speed steel, intermetallic compounds, high temperature structural materials, etc.) have an important role.
(2) A series of high-performance non-equilibrium materials such as amorphous, microcrystalline, quasi-crystalline, nanocrystalline and supersaturated solid solutions can be prepared. These materials have excellent electrical, magnetic, optical and mechanical properties.
(3) Multiple types of recombination can be easily realized, and the respective characteristics of each component material can be fully exerted. This is a process technology for producing high-performance metal-based and ceramic composite materials at a low cost.
(4) It can produce materials and products with special structures and properties that can not be produced by common smelting methods, such as novel porous biomaterials, porous separation membrane materials, high-performance structural ceramic abrasive tools, and functional ceramic materials.
(5) Net shape formation and automated mass production can be achieved, which can effectively reduce the production of resources and energy consumption.
(6) It can make full use of ore, tailings, steel-making sludge, rolling steel scales, and recycling scrap metal as raw materials. It is a new technology that can effectively recycle and comprehensively utilize materials.
Our common machining tools and hardware tools are manufactured by powder metallurgy technology.
Worm Gear Reducer Common Fault Causes and Solutions
The development prospect of powder metallurgy gears